Monday, May 16, 2022

On This Day in 1992: Endeavour Completes Her First Space Shuttle Mission...

A photo that I took of Endeavour as she was about to land at Edwards Air Force Base in California...completing her first space shuttle mission, STS-49, on May 16, 1992.

30 years ago today, two of my siblings and I went down to Edwards Air Force Base in Southern California to watch Endeavour land after completing her maiden shuttle flight, STS-49.

I was in 6th grade at the time, and unfortunately, I didn't have a DSLR camera with a nice telephoto lens to get a better shot of the brand-new orbiter touching down on the runway in the Mojave Desert. But I'm just grateful that I was in position to take the image above!

This October will mark 10 years since I went to Westchester, a city near Los Angeles International Airport, to view Endeavour up-close as she began her 3-day journey through the streets of L.A. to her final home at the California Science Center. Hail Endeavour!

Posing with Endeavour in the city of Westchester near Los Angeles International Airport...on October 12, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment